Super Easy Ayurveda Chard Wraps
One afternoon I made tacos out of iceberg lettuce, and I thought, "this is good but I wonder how I can make this less messy and more delicious".
The answer, my friends, is swiss chard. ENJOY and alter the recipe contents as needed!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Author: Marina Zahran (Do Good, Be Well.)
Yield: 8-10 wraps
1 cup of walnuts
3/4 can of roasted and crushed tomatoes
2 tsp nutritional ueast
3/4 cup of chopped parsley
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup of water
1. Prepare the walnut spread. Mix all the ingredients with in a blender. Voila. Complete.
2. Begin rice preparation. Add 4 cups os water to 2 cups of rice. Bring a pot to a boil, then turn on low and let simmer for 20 minutes with a lid.
3. Preheat oven to Broil.
4. Drizzle olive oil in cast iron skillet, enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut tofu in ten thin slices and put in cast iron skillet. Put in oven for 10 minutes. Flip tofu and put back in oven for 10 minutes.
5. Double boil steam collard greens for 3 minutes and then lay our flat.
6. Sauté garlic and mushrooms in best oil per dosha*
7. Lay out one collard leaf at a time. Place all ingredients towards the stem side of the leaf. Roll up, tucking the sides in as you do to keep the wraps firm.
VATA PITTA KAPHA CONSIDERATIONS:
VATA: Use sesame or olive oil to cook, add cumin and coriander to walnut spread (1/2 tsp each)
PITTA: Use coconut oil or sunflower oil to cook, add fennel and cilantro to walnut spread (1/2 tsp each)
KAPHA: Use coconut or mustard seed oil to cook; add a dash of cayenne to walnut spread
TIP: if you feel the wrap is unsupported, use some of the smaller chard leaves to double wrap in.